Detailed Install Guide with Videos
In depth walkthrough of setting up Codex for the first time
How to get started with the Codex Beta:
- Start by installing Codex from the VSCode marketplace
- Sign up for an account
- GitHub or Google Auth are recommended
- Then create a Codex, you can choose from:
- Private with access requests allowed - means anyone with repo access can see the codex and request to join it and the repo creator can approve that request
- This is the default and standard Codex
- Private without requests allowed - meaning no one can see this Codex and only those you explicitly invite via email can join it.
- This option is typically used with external teams who share your codebase, like a public API, so engineers can ask questions on code and your core team can respond
- Public - meaning anyone with repo access can click join and be in the Codex
- This option is typically used for Open Source repos so any contributor can jump in and get that sweet context
- Invite your team
- Even if private with request access, anyone on Codex can invite anyone else without needing the creator’s approval
- Just open the Codices page, click the plus icon beside your codex, and invite your team!
- Accept an Invite to a Codex
- Try sending a context request and having a colleague answer you!
Did this answer your question?